M&P Onion Peelers
M&P Engineering have been manufactuing quality onion peelers since the 1970's.
Small Onion Peeler: Top, tails and peels onions and shallots from 18mm to 45mm.
Large Onion Peeler: Tops, tails and peels onions of 45mm to 115mm diameter
- Uses self adjusting floating knife assemblies over a range of up to 25mm on any one setting.
- Slits the onion horizontally from top to tail, the depth of slit is determined by onion quality and grade.
- Last, the skin is removed by compressed air providing an end product of optimum appearance.
- Dry peeling process.
- Automatic pick-up of onions from hopper and continuous operation
- Variable Speed up to 110 carriers/minute (Normal operating speed 90 carriers/minute)
- Low Labour requirements of 3 or 4 depending on product quality.
- No need to change parts when varying onion products, minimising downtime.
- Raw material input rate approximately 750kg per hour using onions 75mm to 90mm diameter, 600kg per hour using onions 60mm to 80mm diameter.
- No water usage, no waste slurry to deal with, product remains dry.
- Simple to operate.
- No batch unloading process leaving peeled onions undamaged.
- Can work with wide range of product size and quality.
- High volume, high quality output.
- Simple to clean and maintain.